- A few mason jars ( as many as you want! )
- 1 tea light for every mason jar
- galvanized steel wire
- stones or beads to decorate inside the jars ( optional )
This DIY is really easy, I know because someone with as little talent as myself could do it! You can purchase your mason jars at the local Value Village for about 99cents each. Or if you don’t have a thrift store they can be purchased brand new in bulk at most grocery stores. You might even have a few saved around the house from old pasta sauce jars like Classico. The galvanized steel wire and the bag of stones were purchased at the local Dollar store for $1.25 each.
- Remove the round middle part of the mason jar lid and screw the top back on each jar.
- Measure out (in my case) three different lengths of wire (long, medium, short).
- Fold the wires over in half and create a loop. Twist all three wires together to make the loop.
- Find the ends of each wire and wrap them around the neck of each mason jar lid. There isn’t very much technique to this part, I just wrapped the wire around and around until it was at my desired length and then snipped any sharp ends off with the pliers.
- Repeat this step with the other end of the wire on the same lid.
- Repeat the last two steps for each mason jar.
- (Optional) I decided to finish off the loop by wrapping more wire around the base of the loop where the wires meet and twisting wire around the loop handle to give it a more finished look
- Fill the mason jars with decorative stones (optional) and your tea lights
- Hang and Enjoy!