Use these bars at the end of your shower to moisturize and soften your skin! Rub on, rinse off and towel dry! Bars without oatmeal can be used as massage bars out of the shower.
What You Will Need (Yield: 4 Bars)
Mold (I used a cupcake tin/cupcake wrappers)
Pyrex or Heat-Safe Dish / Pot of Water
Spoon / Measuring Spoons
2 oz Shea Butter
2 oz Coconut Oil
2.5 oz Beeswax
Essential Oil (optional)
1. Place beeswax in a Pyrex or heat-safe dish in a small amount of boiling water
2. Melt beeswax slowly over low heat, being careful not to burn the wax
3. Spoon out Shea Butter and Coconut oil and add it to the dish with the beeswax to melt
4. Carefully boil down the ingredients until you have a clear viscous liquid. It is important not to burn the oils and natural butters because once past their smoke point, the natural benefits from these ingredients are lost.
5. Lay out your cupcake molds and if you would like oatmeal – sprinkle ground oats into the bottom of each cup.
6. Remove mixture from heat and pour equally into molds
7. If you would like to add Essential Oil at this point for scent/ added benefits put one drop into each mold while they are still in their liquid form. I used Lemon Essential Oil for a citrus scent.
8. Set aside to harden and remove from molds when the bars are solid at room temperature
Enjoy! xo K